82 Ashley St, Paynesville, VIC, 3880
Phone 03 5152 6322
Days of operation
|ZCDC||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI|
Welcome to Pj's Early Learning Centre & Kindergarten
Pj's Early Learning Centre provides children with not only caring and dedicated educators and teaching staff, but a homely atmosphere - a home away from home.
Since 2009, Pj's early Learning Centre has provided long day care and education, for children in and around the Bairnsdale area from 6 weeks to 5 years, with availability for school ages children should the need arise. Meals, snacks,nappies, educational programs and activities etc provided.
The happiness and development of children is our prime and number one concern.
Pj's Early Learning Centre has been assessed as either exceeding or meeting in all the 7 quality areas, under the National Quality Framework (NQF) which involves participating in a process of self-study and continuous improvement, involving educators, management and families.
Hours of Operation
6:30am - 6pm Monday - Friday
Please contact us for fee information.
Statement of Philosophy
We wish to acknowledge the development of this philosophy, by Management, staff and families, which reflects our beliefs about what we are, as professional educators, as a centre and what we aim and strive for. The centre's pholosophy is reviewed annually by Management, staff and families, to ensure that we are all aiming and striving for the best practice achievable at all times. Our Child Protection and Risk Management Stratergy creates a safe and supportive environment for children. Our service is committed to ensuring children are kept safe from harm. We will initiate and maintain ongoing planning and commitment for a safe and supportive environment.
We believe that one of our most important priorities is that all members of our community (community being all people in the child's life feel a strong sense of connection and belonging. We value and believe in fostering the holistic nature of children's families' and educators' wellbeing.
Our work is guided by the 'attachment theory' a psychological model that attempts to describe the dynamics of long-term and short-term interpersonal relationships between humans. We want our community to be one that is enriched by diversity and which provides rich and meaningful relationships and experiences.
- Children and families have the right to primary caregiving practices and continuity of experiences.
- Everyone has the right to a safe and healthy environment.
- Everyone has the right to feel accepted, respected and emotionally, physically and culturally supported.
Therefore we strive to:
- Create secure relationships.
- Create an environment where everyone is listened to and responded to sensitively.
- Work in a way that respect everyone's emotional, cultural and physical health, safety and wellbeing.
- Provide an environment that builds connections with nature and the beauty of natural materials and environments.
We believe a partnership approach to our work is an essential part of a high quality learning environment.
Our goal is to build relationships, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to feel valued, respected and supported.
We recognize and appreciate that families are the first and most important teachers in a child's life. By sharing information about children's uniqueness, interests and experiences, we can work together to support each child to feel secure. These values are the foundation of our child, parent and professional learning programs.
- Everyone has the right to be involved and heard.
- Everyone has the right to express their preferences.
- Everyone has the right to feel connected with each other and the wider community.
Therefore we strive to:
- Ensure that different perspectives and interests are central to our work.
- Take responsibility to keep connections alive by listening to and communicating with each other and giving open feedback.
- Ensure that a range of opportunities to participate and contribute are offered.
- Ensure that no matter the concern, our grievance policy will be adhered to and heard.
Community of Learners:
We believe in lifelong learning and prioritise creating opportunities for all members of our community(families, children, staff, Management and local community) to work together as learners. We plan our curriculum based on the National Early years Learning Framework, and our practice is informed by educational theories and current and emerging research. Our approach acknowleges that all children have the right to access opportunities to learn, and for this to occur, all adults need to participate as lifelong learners.
- Children have the right to participate in planned experiences and environments. Intentional teaching and play-based learning support this.
- Children have the right to a rich learning environment.
- Families have a right to contribute their knowledge about their child and their work.
- Everyone has the right to participate in professional learning.
Therefore we strive to:
- Learn together within an inclusive community.
- Document learning and share information about what is happening in our community.
- Plan for and share children's joy in discovery.
- Be open to questioning what we do and why we do it.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are one of the oldest living cultures on earth. Bj's Early Learning Centre is on traditional Gunaikurnai land and we acknowledge and recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the first nations people of Australia and that they are the traditional owners and custodians of the land, waterways, sky, air, flora and fauna throughout our country.
We believe in the rich history and knowledge that the Gunaikurnai people bring to this land. We strive to continue to grow through our commitment to developing reciprocal and respectful relationships and partnerships with the Gunaikurnai community. We respect reconcilliation because early childhood services are uniquely placed to begin the reconcilliation journey with children and families.
Kidz 'n Co Pty Ltd History:
Our vision since 1995 has been to provide education and care for children, professional development and learning for educators working in our early childhood services and programs which are responsive to the community, bringing 11 high quality children's services to Berwick, Pakenham, Cranbourne, Leongatha, Sale, Bairnsdale and Paynesville.
We will continue to grow through our commitment and to prove that caring and educating children is a community effort - as